Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez Weighs in On His World Cup Snub
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez shared her thoughts on the soccer star’s removal from the Portugal team’s starting lineup for its Dec. 6 World Cup game. Here’s what she said.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez is sharing her thoughts on Portugal’s recent World Cup victory.
After the soccer star was removed from the Portugal National Team’s starting lineup in its World Cup Round of 16 match against Switzerland on Dec. 6—his replacement, Goncarlo Ramos, scored a hat trick during the game—his partner shared her frustration at coach Fernando Santos’ decision.
“Congratulations Portugal,” Georgina wrote on Instagram on Nov. 6 following Portugal’s 6-1 victory. “While the 11 players sang the anthem all goals placed on you. What a shame he didn’t get to enjoy the best player in the world for the 90 minutes. The fans haven’t stopped claiming you and screaming your name. I hope God and your dear friend Fernando hold hands and make us vibrate one more night.”
Cristiano, who had days earlier seemingly expressed disapproval while being subbed out during the Portugal team’s Dec. 2 game against South Korea, eventually took the field during the second half of the game against Switzerland. However, Georgina, 28, who shares daughters Alana, 5, and Bella, 8 months, as well as a son, Angel, who passed away—with the footballer, wasn’t the only one reacting to the 37-year-old’s removal from the starting lineup.
Her sister Elma Aveiro also reacted to the move on social media.
“Yes Ronaldo is not eternal, yes Ronaldo won’t play forever, unfortunately he doesn’t score goals now, he’s old, Portugal doesn’t need Ronaldo,” she wrote in her Instagram Stories on Dec. 6. “We talked about what we heard, all that he did isn’t important, all that he did was forgotten. Now they ask for forgiveness and they don’t need him. I will register that and later we’ll talk.”
“Santos, what will he apologize for,” Elma continued. “Now we can f**k who we want. It is a shame to humiliate a man who has given so much, but later I will see a lot more.”
Despite the frustrations from Cristiano’s loved ones, Coach Santos maintained there are no hard feelings about the move, which he’d previously called a “tactical” decision.
“There is no problem with our captain,” he said during the post match press conference. “We’ve been friends for years. We spoke before the game and he had no issue with my decision.”
Portugal will next play Morocco in the quarterfinals of the 2022 World Cup held in Qatar.
Antony and Bruno Fernandes clash as Crystal Palace dent Man United’s title notions
Antony was not happy with Fernandes
Manchester United duo Antony and Bruno Fernandes were seen clashing with each other in the first half of United’s draw against Crystal Palace.
Fernandes looked to have secured United the three points with a goal on the stroke of half time only for Michael Olise’s stunning free kick in second half stoppage time ensured a share of the spoils.
Wout Weghorst also made his debut for the club after they paid Beşiktaş to cancel his loan spell in Turkey and move to Old Trafford from Burnley until the end of the season, with United desperately in need of a striker
The majority of the first half saw Erik ten Hag’s side find it difficult to break down a resilient Palace defence with Antony in particular struggling to get the best of full back, Tyrick Mitchell.
It seemed as if tempers began to flare amongst the United ranks on the half hour mark as Antony and Fernandes were caught exchanging verbals with each other, leading to many speculating on social media.
Bruno fernandes and Antony arguing 🤔 pic.twitter.com/YaOagxqrBD
— YOUYOU_7 (@__YOUYOU___) January 18, 2023
One person wrote: “Bruno Fernandes beefing with Antony, all this bollocks about how they’re now a United team not individuals is hilarious.”
Another tweeted: “Bruno is right to be upset at Antony but it’s so funny seeing him get get taste of his own medicine.”
Bruno is right to be upset at Antony but it's so funny seeing him get get taste of his own medicine 😂😂pic.twitter.com/zzAcfw7gV0
— 🇨🇩🇸🇱 (@8Flavs) January 18, 2023
A third said: “The people saying Bruno & Antony shouldn’t be arguing with each other on the pitch have never played football.”
The people saying Bruno & Antony shouldn't be arguing with each other on the pitch have never played Football.
— Paul, Manc Bald and Bred (@MufcWonItAll) January 18, 2023
United now prepare to face Arsenal at the weekend, where they will be without Casemiro after he was booked, taking his total tally to five, meaning he will miss out through suspension.
He did get in for a selfie with a pitch invader, though…
Casemiro poses for a selfie with a fan 🤣🤳
— Barstool Football (@StoolFootball) January 18, 2023
Lionel Messi’s wife responds to Shakira ‘betrayal’ post after Gerard Pique break-up
Lionel Messi’s wife Antonela Roccuzzo has come out in support of Shakira following her high-profile split from Gerard Pique – Messi’s former Barcelona team-mate.
Colombian popstar Shakira shared a candid message with her fans on Instagram as she welcomed in the new year, taking a thinly-veiled swipe at her former partner by referencing “betrayal” and “heartache”.
“Even if our wounds are still open in this new year, time has a surgeon’s hands,” the Hips Don’t Lie singer wrote. “Even if someone’s betrayed us, we must continue to trust others.”
In response, Antonela sent Shakira three heart emojis in the comments section, in the latest suggestion that she and her husband are taking the singer-songwriter’s side in the ugly saga.
Shortly after their split, it emerged that Pique was dating 23-year-old Barcelona-born Clara Chia.
Messi and Pique spent over a decade playing together at Barcelona, having emerged from the club’s famed La Masia academy at around the same time.
Messi moved to PSG in 2021, while Pique hung up his boots in November, bringing the curtain down on a trophy-laded 19-year career that saw him win the World Cup, the European Championship, the Champions League, La Liga and the Premier League.
Source: Daily Star
Alisha Lehmann told she ‘won’t be single for long’ after wowing fans in pink ʙικιɴι
Alisha Lehmann has kept her social media followers updated during a recent holiday in Miami – with many left asking how she is still single after her split from Douglas Luiz.
The 23-year-old Aston Villa forward and Switzerland international has been catching the eye both on and off the pitch in recent seasons – with her Instagram following growing to over 10 million.
Following a recent trip in which she posed on the beach for no less than nine separate ʙικιɴι snaps, many of her followers had one thing in mind.
One comment read: “She won’t stay single for long.”
A second said: “I was looking for the meaning of perfection and I found this.”
A fourth then concluded: “The most beautiful soccer player in the world.”
The WSL star was recently back in the headlines after splitting up with Villa midfielder Luiz and then removing their shared snaps from Instagram.
The couple are said to have split over a row regarding her 2023 calendar which reportedly led to a furious row between the pair.
The split came after countless displays of public affection between the loved up couple – as well as him defending her for a comment made by a TV presenter.
Lehmann has also shared several clips of her Soccer AM cameo, in which he bagged a top bins in some style.
One of those to react was fellow Villa professional and Brazil international Luiz, who wrote on her upload with heart and fire emojis: “The best.”
Source: Daily Star